Why you should get rid of your old heating equipment
As summer comes to an end and we gear up for cooler weather, now is the time to replace your old heating equipment. Most modern HVAC systems last an average of 15 years, and although replacing your heating equipment can be an investment, it’s essential to ensure your home heating system is in prime condition. Old heating equipment doesn’t run efficiently, resulting in higher monthly utility bills, and it may be negatively impacting your indoor air quality.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the most important reasons why you should invest in a new home heating system, as well as how much you can expect to spend. If you have any questions or would like one of our experienced HVAC technicians in NJ to inspect your old heating equipment, please contact Tri-Tech today and we’ll be happy to help.
Should I replace my outdated heating equipment?
As mentioned above, the average life of a home heating system is around 15 years. If your HVAC unit is almost 15 years old, we recommend you start shopping for a new system. There are other signs that your outdated heating equipment might need replacing – here are some of the most common indicators:
- Different temperatures in different rooms of your house. If some rooms are too cold while others are too warm, this means your heating system isn’t distributing air properly. Hot spots and cold spots are notorious with failing heating systems.
- Your monthly utility bills keep getting more expensive. Old heating equipment doesn’t run efficiently and often needs to work harder to maintain the desired temperature. Newer heating systems are much more energy efficient and can help you save money on your monthly costs.
- Poor indoor air quality. Old heating systems often result in dry noses and dry throats and some people are forced to run air humidifiers in their house during winter. Outdated heating equipment can also fail to remove allergens and contaminants from your indoor air.
- Your heating equipment breaks down frequently. Rather than continuing to spend money on repairs, why not put that money towards a new efficient HVAC system?
Estimate your HVAC replacement costs
When it comes to costs you have two choices: continue paying for your current system to be maintained and repaired, or invest in a newer, more energy-efficient system. Instead of waiting for an emergency, we recommend doing your research and planning well ahead of time.
While it may seem cheaper to keep repairing your heating system as needed, when you replace your old heating equipment with a new home heating system altogether, you’ll see significant savings on your monthly energy bill right away. In addition, a newer HVAC unit will increase the value of your home and make it more attractive to buyers, should you decide to put your home on the market in the near future.
Find an HVAC contractor in NJ
Before making any big decisions, please speak with an HVAC technician who:
- Has experience repairing and installing all different types of home heating equipment
- Has extensive knowledge of market-leading boiler heating systems and can recommend which system will work best in your home
- Will give you an honest estimate of removal and installation time and costs
- Has positive customer reviews and a good reputation
If you’re not sure where to start, ask trusted friends for recommendations and check out customer satisfaction ratings online. Contact the team at Tri-Tech Energy today if you’d like one of our HVAC technicians to inspect your old heating equipment and give you an assessment. We look forward to hearing from you.