There are a variety of piping materials that are used in commercial plumbing and mechanical applications, but it takes a professional plumbing and mechanical contractor with the right training and experience to help you choose the best option for the job and your budget. Here’s a quick guide to some of the most easily available piping materials and how they are used.
- Stainless Steel Pipes: Stainless steel is durable and corrosion-resistant, but these great qualities come at a significant cost. This option is only used where corrosion is a serious concern and pipe strength is a priority.
- Copper Pipes: Another option, copper is a great material for refrigerant lines, heating systems and underground service piping, as it is highly durable and won’t rust easily. It’s safe to use in both cold and hot water applications and can withstand high pressure.
- PEX Pipes: PEX or cross-linked polyethylene pipes are ideal for commercial applications. They have a high tolerance for heat and cold, so are commonly used in water supply applications. They are also flexible, so they are easier to install even in tricky spaces.
- PVC Pipes: PVC or polyvinyl piping is used in commercial applications for indoor water supply or drainage.
- Cast-Iron Pipes: This material can withstand very high pressure and high volume, so they are commonly used on main sewer lines and main water lines. They are fire resistant and offer noise-suppression capabilities that make for a quiet and non-disruptive system.
Professional, Experienced Commercial Plumbing Contractors for your Business
Tri-Tech Energy is a commercial, mechanical and HVAC contractor and solutions provider trusted by hundreds of New Jersey businesses. Our teams are on call 24/7 all through the year to ensure that your plumbing and HVAC needs are met, whether you need piping designed, fitted, serviced or repaired. For more information on our company or plumbing and pipe fitting services, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.tritechenergy.com/