In large commercial buildings like apartment blocks, hotels, retail outlets and office buildings, commercial ventilation systems play a critical role in providing a comfortable environment throughout the different seasons. Not only do they manage and control indoor temperature, they also bring in and filter fresh air from the outdoors and manage energy usage.
What Key Elements Determine Performance of Commercial Ventilation Systems?
Four elements play a role in determining the performance of a commercial HVAC system, including:
- Fuel type – Electricity or gas.
- Commercial ductwork and ventilation system – If there is a dedicated ventilation system.
- Type of system – Chiller, heat pump, air conditioning or forced hot air.
- Delivery method of heat or cool air – water system or ducted air, etc.
Types of Commercial HVAC Systems
There are a few highly-effective solutions for large-scale commercial buildings that allow heating and cooling to be effectively managed for different floors, spaces and zones. These include:
- Heaters – Hot air furnaces or radiant heaters.
- Chillers – Generating cool water that is distributed to cooling coils through a piped system.
- Heat pumps – Used for extracting heat from the air or water for heating or cooling.
- Roof top units – Large units found on the roof or base of a building that duct air through a cooling system and into the building’s ductwork for distribution.
If your building is not newer, you’re likely to find that your HVAC system is a mix of various methods and systems as they have been adapted through the years. A professional commercial HVAC company will be able to do a full evaluation of your system and ductwork to ensure that you know what you’re dealing with – and that you can move forward with any modernization or repair projects.
Contact Our NJ Team for a Comprehensive Commercial Ductwork and Ventilation Services
Founded in 1988, Tri-Tech Energy has grown to become an industry leader in commercial HVAC systems design, installation and maintenance. In addition to working on new, large-scale construction projects, we also pride ourselves on developing cutting-edge solutions for retro-fitting older buildings and having sites specifically for the design of custom ductwork for these complex projects. Our mechanics are among the best in the industry, and our team is recognized for their professionalism and qualifications by clients, suppliers and manufacturers alike. Whatever your commercial HVAC system or ductwork and ventilation needs, we can assist you. For more information on our company or to speak to a commercial ventilation systems specialist about commercial ductwork and ventilation or HVAC control systems, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.tritechenergy.com/