After going through a tough winter, your building’s cooling system needs preventative and restorative maintenance before the summer heat begins. It’s the classic case of pay me now or pay me later when it comes to HVAC maintenance: you may be able to skip it for a couple years and get away with it, but when you finally have an issue, it will probably be a big one. Here is some advice from Tri-Tech’s resident commercial HVAC team in NJ.
- Examine the exterior unit: Rooftop units are exposed to the elements, so a visual and operational inspection is a must. Check all the panels to ensure that none are missing or misaligned, as your electrical connections may be compromised as a result. In general the professionals at Tri-Tech will typically check the following:
- Coil and cabinet are inspected and cleaned. A dirty coil is one of the main reasons for loss of efficiency in your commercial air conditioning system.
- Drain pans are emptied and cleaned and condensate lines are cleared of obstructions
- Compressor is inspected
- Fan motor and blades are inspected and lubricated
- Control box, switches, wiring, and safety controls are inspected
- Refrigerant level is measured and recharged if necessary
- Blower Assembly is checked and cleaned. Belt tension is checked and belts are lubricated so they don’t dry out and crack. Combustion blower housing is cleaned and checked.
- Burner assembly and ignition system are cleaned and checked for each boiler.
- Flue is checked for excessive wear or discoloration.
- Safety systems are checked, along with alarms and system diagnostics from your heating control system if applicable.
- Change the filters: Summer is when your HVAC system’s air filters will be under the most pressure, so it’s best to start the season with clean, fresh filters to ensure that the air in your building is clear of allergens, pollen and dust.
Don’t skip your Twice Yearly Maintenance cycle
We get it, you’re very busy. It may not even occur to you to call a commercial HVAC service company during the spring and fall, even if you’re someone who understands the value of preventative maintenance. That’s why a partner like Tri-Tech energy can be so valuable to building owners and operators. We don’t ever forget.
If your commercial heating or cooling systems require repair, maintenance or replacement, our commercial HVAC company in NJ is here to assist. At Tri-Tech Energy, we specialize in commercial heating and cooling systems, domestic hot water systems for the hospitality industry, and in the design and installation of custom, cutting-edge commercial HVAC systems, rooftop air, commercial ductwork and ventilation systems. Our commercial HVAC contractors serve the entire Northern New Jersey area and operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so our team is ready to help whenever you need it. For more information on our company or services, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.tritechenergy.com/